Scientist-Teacher Partnership (STP) Program
Science from Scientists (SfS) is excited to announce our Scientist-Teacher Partnership (STP) Program!
This five-day program will provide teachers with the opportunity to take on the role of an SfS co-instructor, learning and preparing science content and using student-centered teaching strategies. Participants will learn 6 SfS lessons that they will have likely seen before in their own classrooms and make them their own, with practice run throughs and customizations that will support what the teacher is already working on in their classroom. This program also includes an introduction to the new science standards and how to use science and engineering practices in the classroom without compromising the science content. There will be lots of opportunities to collaborate with peers and experiment with teaching tools that can be used in the classroom.
Join us for the week of June 26-30th to take part in our week-long professional development course as part of our new Scientist-Teacher Partnership program.
For more information on this program, click here.
Already Enrolled in STP?
If you are already enrolled in the STP program, here are some helpful resources for you:
- Link to access the Google Classroom
- SfS Open Response Questions
- SfS Lessons
- MA Standards 2016
- NSTA NGSS Disciplinary Core Ideas
- Instructional Leadership for Science Practices
- Brown and Abel Learning Cycle
- SfS Standards Lessons AY17
- SfS Approach to Student Centered Learning & 5E Model
- BSCS 5E Instructional Model
- BSCS 5E Instructional Model Video
- Jennifer Mayo 5E Lesson Video
- Asking Questions Powerpoint
- Comparing MCAS vs. MA STE Life Sci Standards
- Comparing Science vs. Engineering in the SEPs
- SEP Instruction Continuum
For questions regarding the STP program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.