Homeschool STEM Workshops
Science from Scientists is expanding our award-winning program outside the classroom! We are hosting themed STEM workshops to provide fun, hands-on science experiences for children aged 8-13. Each workshop is comprised of several SfS lessons and activities and will be led by Science from Scientists’ Instructors: our real, charismatic scientists! All workshops will be approximately 2 hours long and cost $15 each. Currently being offered in the Bedford, Massachusetts office.
- All workshops are drop-off only.
- All workshops will require students to be able to read, write, and work independently or in small groups.
- All activity materials, including pencils, will be provided.
- Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle as our office space does not have a drinking fountain.
We will be offering the following workshop options throughout November:
Probability & Statistics: Students will learn the basics of probability and statistics in this game-based mathematics workshop! We will explore number distributions in a dice game, and will calculate the means, medians, and modes of different populations of “bead-les”! (Recommended for ages 10-13)
- Thursday, November 14: 1-3pm
- Wednesday, November 20: 1-3pm