- Brainstorm possible ways to identify various white powders
- Perform experiments to determine the identity of four white powders
- Discuss the differences between physical and chemical properties of substances, and chemical versus physical changes
Students will be able to
- Analyze experimental data to determine the identity of an unknown sample
- Distinguish between chemical and physical properties of substances that can be used for their identification
This lesson is aligned with these Next Generation Science (NGS) Standards.