- Be challenged to break a simple cipher and share what they know about cryptography & code-breaking.
- Work through several cipher challenges using different tools and keys.
- Share what the pros & cons are for using each cipher
- Create their own code using any of the ciphers we’ve used in class or students can work on the Caesar Cipher Challenge using deciphering with frequency analysis.
Students will be able to:
- Encode and decode messages using a variety of ciphers.
- List the pros and cons of using each cipher.
This lesson is aligned with these Next Generation Science (NGS) Standards.