- Act as ecologists to build a model of Yellowstone by sorting organism cards into trophic levels, and then arranging them into a food web
- Share their food webs, discuss webs vs. chains, producers vs. consumers, and decomposers (add to food web)
- Model species additions/losses using their food web
Students will be able to:
- Develop a simple food web model of an ecosystem
- Use their food web to predict the outcome of a species addition or loss
This lesson is aligned with these Next Generation Science (NGS) Standards.