- Consider how mountains are formed
- Construct a model of Pangea using geology and the fossil record
- Analyze a tectonic plate map and with the aid of another model (putty and tiles) students put together explanations for mountain formation
- Review STEM Career Pathways related to tectonics
Students will be able to:
- Construct a model of a supercontinent using geology and the fossil record
- Analyze a tectonic plate map and use models to explain map features
This lesson is aligned with these Next Generation Science (NGS) Standards.