- Become embedded in a story about astronauts on the Moon with a limited list of supplies that can be used to survive.
- Identify what information they would need to know to survive, and rank the items by importance individually, and then as a group.
- Explain why they selected specific items and provide scientific evidence that supports their assumptions
- Compare their rankings to NASA’s.
- Discuss changing location to Earth or Mars, and whether the order of importance of their survival items would change
Students will be able to:
- Use provided evidence and prior knowledge to evaluate items first individually and then support their claims in class
- Explain some of the challenges associated with lunar exploration
This lesson is aligned with these Next Generation Science (NGS) Standards.