- Be introduced to the digestive adaptations of humans, anacondas, and owls
- Dissect owl pellets and use a bone chart to identify prey animals from bones recovered
- Determine what their owl’s diet consists of and share findings. Optionally they can formulate a hypothesis about the type of owl and habitat that produced their pellet
- Study adaptations such as ear placement & head rotation and share ideas with the class
Students will be able to:
- Dissect an owl pellet and identify the excavated bones
- Investigate what an owl pellet is and why owls produce pellets
This lesson is aligned with these Next Generation Science (NGS) Standards.