- Participate in droplet observation activities
- Carry out investigations of three properties of liquids: cohesion, surface tension, and adhesion
- Direct the instructor to model the interactions of water molecules represented by pipe cleaners
- Observe Traveling Water Demonstration (video with scientist-led discussion)
Students will be able to:
- Carry out investigations to observe the effects of cohesion, adhesion, and surface tension
- Use their understanding of these properties to explain phenomena observed both in the lesson and in their life experience
This lesson is aligned with these Next Generation Science (NGS) Standards.