- Make observations about their rock samples
- Categorize rock sample cards, and then match them to their rock names based on observations and descriptions.
- Debrief the matching game, learn vocabulary, and match rock samples to the game board.
- Watch their instructor demonstrate the Rock Cycle using crayon shavings and a lighter
Students will be able to:
- Explain how sedimentary, igneous, and metamorphic rocks form
- Discuss how rocks change from one form to another over geologic time
This lesson is aligned with these Next Generation Science (NGS) Standards.