- Be introduced to the fishing game and play one iteration.
- Collect and record data for each round & analyze class data during the Explain
- Choose a strategy, then play a second iteration of the fishing game.
- Define sustainability and discuss strategies for sustainable resource use by individuals and groups.
- Discuss the “tragedy of the commons” using real-world examples.
Students will be able to:
- Describe the concept of sustainability
- Theorize and test possible ways to make a resource sustainable
This lesson is aligned with these Next Generation Science (NGS) Standards.