Join our Team!
We are hiring! Positions available in California, Massachusetts and Minnesota!
Science from Scientists is a STEM education nonprofit with a mission to teach and inspire the next generation to identify and solve real-world problems by improving STEM literacy. We do this by sending real scientists and/or STEM professionals directly into classrooms, to guide students through hands-on STEM lessons that are aligned with academic standards and chosen by teachers to enhance existing curriculum.
We are hiring STEM educators in the following areas: Greater Boston MA, Greater Twin Cities MN, Greater Bay Area CA.
We’re looking for charismatic scientists, technicians, engineers, and mathematicians to lead/co-lead our hands-on lessons in the classrooms to students in grades 3-8. Classes are taught during the school day, and will be in person, schools permitting. Do you have a passion for inspiring all of our youth to see themselves as future scientists & engineers? Consider joining our team!
- Must have an undergraduate degree in a STEM field (science, technology, engineering or math) and be pursuing or have obtained an advanced STEM degree, or have working STEM industry experience
- Experience teaching, coaching or mentoring youth is a plus, though not required as you will receive training and will be co-teaching with an experienced instructor
- Excellent communication (in person & in emails) and ability to build rapport with diverse set of stakeholders including students, teachers, school administrators, SciSci co-teachers & colleagues
- Physical ability to pick up and carry STEM exploration containers (up to 40 lbs) and load/unload items
- Physical ability to be on your feet for a full school day
- Experience using Google Apps (GMail, Calendar, and Drive), virtual platforms (e.g. Google Meet, Zoom) is a plus
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable form of transportation. Must be able to drive to schools
- Clearance on background check
- Full-time or Part-time, non-exempt hourly employment from August/September 2021 – June 2022 with the opportunity to extend to the summer and following school year(s). Base level part-time commitment is 1 school day (6 hours) every other week.
- Starting pay at $25/hour
- Part-time employees: travel stipends, professional development opportunities
- Full-time employees: health and dental insurance, 401K, paid holidays and time off, technology and travel stipends, professional development opportunities
Science from Scientists is an equal opportunity employer. Those from underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for an instructor position, please click on the green button and fill out the application form before emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of US/MA Operations
The overall responsibility of the Director of US and Massachusetts Operations is to manage and lead the day-to-day administration of the program, supervise Ops Directors and MA instructors, and ensure the program is in compliance with local and state regulations governing non-profits. This role will require a strong understanding of Science from Scientists policies and procedures.
- Recruitment, training and supervision of local SfS instructors and various other team members
- Setup and manage local school and district partnerships for SfS programs
- Implement family and community events as needed
- Cultivate a positive workplace and promote a sense of community within the local team
- Attend all relevant meetings for the teams identified above
- Follow all data and evaluation requirements of SfS including but not limited to student outcome assessments and program/staff observations
- Maintain a professional office and appropriate records in the region
- Preparation of annual regional budgets; oversee regional expense reporting as needed
- Lead outreach related activities dependant on regional needs
- Field external requests – work with dev and ops to determine pricing and viability of projects
- Support the dev team with partner schools and new partner schools
- Identify appropriate umbrella organizations and useful connections for SfS to have in the region
- Perform all other duties related to advancing the quality of operations and programming that the Executive Director deems necessary
Kit team responsibilities:
- Maintain a strong understanding of kit inventory and inventory management
- Manage employees that work as both instructors and in various roles on the kit team
- Understand grant restrictions
- Strong understanding of program, ability to explain the program to interested parties
Metrics for region:
- Maintain information including but not limited to number of students, number of partner schools, quiz results, demographics, etc.
- Identify when additional instructors are needed in accordance with the MA budget
- Fill instructor positions in partner schools as needed
- Remain informed with the relevant state science standards and regulations/procedures for science teacher accreditation and licensure in Massachusetts and other regions
- Meet with the Executive Team weekly to discuss strategic direction
- Attend and present at quarterly board meetings
- Manage Ops Directors for California and Minnesota regions
- Earned a Bachelor’s Degree, in a STEM field or Education preferred
- Graduate degree preferred
- Project Management experience
- Experience in a B2B or B2C setting
- Competency in the Cloud - fluency in Google Apps (especially GMail, Calendar, and Drive), Microsoft Suite, and various other communication platforms
- This position is in person, following state and federal COVID guidelines
- Prior experience with K-12 education system
- Worked with remote teams
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Have a team-oriented mindset and the ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Comfortable giving or receiving constructive, timely, and appropriate feedback
- Express a passion for making science approachable to all, especially children
- Willing to travel throughout the Mass area for meetings/trainings/workshops following state and federal COVID guidelines
- Pass a yearly Background Check
- Interested in working for a fast-paced company
- Be willing to accept other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
To apply for this position, please click on the green button and fill out the application form.